Monday, November 19, 2007

I Wish I Could Fly

apparently I kicked the wooden rail of our bed last night ( I have an IKEA bed, so the frame also keeps teh mattress in place and comes halfway up the mattress) and my foot hurts. So, no martial arts for me today and no riding. The air was foggy, cool, and perfect for an easy go-sight-see ride this morning - alas, none for me.

So, as I'm enjoying my coffee this morning, wishing I felt better, I get ready to log onto my favorite forum and peruse the "what would you do in case of zombie infestation" thread (Not the real name, but a good descriptor) while updating my iTunes when my darling 21-month old son comes to me, says "Dada" clearly, then hurls breakfast all over the floor.

(the following notes are pure fiction, yet pretty freaking entertaining)

Note to self - Milk becomes cheese in the stomach. It's a stinky cheese, too.

Second note to self - Chihuahuas seem to find this cheese tasty.

Third note to self - Don't let the wife see the dogs eating the curdled milk her son just threw up.

Fourth note to self - Adults throw up a lot more than kids do.

Fifth note to self - Wives are unhappy when they feel ill to their stomachs.

(end comedy interlude)

So I read in the news that the local news here is finally catching wind of our local cryptozoology/urban legend commonly known as "la lechusa" meaning 'the owl' but referring to a really huge (almost thunderbird size) avian that haunts this area. We have some steep hills where San Anto breaks from coastal to high plains, and this rock is honeycombed with caves, steep little dells where no one has been for at least a hundred years. There's a lost shipment of Confederate gold out there somewheres, too.

So, if you go to this link you will see a short video of what the hoopla is about. I hope that it is real, and there are more things under the sun than in our poor knowledge, that it finds me on my bike an inedible thing.

Let's hope for better weather tomorrow.

Bright note: Two weeks ago I was hit by a truck that decided to turn right and test Einstein's theory that two things cannot occupy the same place at the same time. The good news is that my helmet (TDI Sports) asked me to ship it back and they would replace it for free. Yay me! I sent it last week, so I should get it sometime before I have to go back to work next week.

More tomorrow.

Mago

No comments: